Pilates is a system of physical and mental training created in the early twentieth century, according to Wikipedia, by the German Joseph Hubertus Pilates, who devised based on their knowledge of different disciplines such as gymnastics, trauma, ballet or yoga , combining the dynamism and muscle strength with mental control, breathing and relaxation.
The method focuses on developing core muscles for balance and stabilize body and firmness to the spine, so it is widely used in rehabilitation therapy and the prevention and cure of back pain. The exercises are mainly composed of slow, very aware, and coordinated with the breath, in order to create a harmonious body, coordinated and flexible. Through practice, the mind is becoming aware of the capabilities, limitations, strengths and weaknesses of the body to improve the physical and mental.
Where do you practice Pilates in Lanzarote?
– Pilates Body Center (Arrecife). Pilates sessions in groups of four people in two semi-private and individualized classes. Hours: 9:00 to 22:00 pm Monday to Friday. Address: C / Coruña, 7, Arrecife, Lanzarote. Rates and information: 630 124 902 and [email protected]
– Pilates Studio (Arrecife). Pilates sessions. Hours: morning and afternoon. Address: Topher Blas Cabrera, 67, Arrecife, Lanzarote. Rates and information: 636 955 324 and 636 955 325.
– Hall of Titerroy Poliderportivo (Arrecife). Group pilates sessions with the option of two, three and five sessions per week. Hours: morning and afternoon. Price: 13, 18 and 26 euros for two, three and five sessions, respectively (with the right to use the sauna installation). Address: C / Burgos, s / n, Arrecife, Lanzarote. Information: Office of the Sports Hall of Titerroy; 928 817 787 and www.arrecife.es.
– Sports Center Fariones: pilates sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 18:30. Rates: 58 euros monthly tuition and other 58 euros (includes free use of gym, sauna and jacuzzi). Address: C / Alegranza, 2, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. Information: Fariones and Sports Center 928 514 790.
– Las Marinas Club Resort (Costa Teguise): pilates sessions Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 to 11:50 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 19:50 hours. Price: One session, $ 10, six, 57 euros, 10, 90 euros, and 15, 128 euros; partner base, with enrollment of 100 euros and 85 euros monthly fee free pilates classes and free use of gym and spa . Address: C / La Isa, s / n, Costa Teguise. Information: 928 590 998.