Tennis is a racket and ball sport in which two individual players (singles) or two pairs (doubles) compete against each other. It originated in Europe towards the end of the 19th century and spread initially among English-speaking countries, especially among the upper classes. Nowadays, tennis has become a universal sport played in many countries around the world. With the arrival of tourism in Lanzarote the amount of tennis played on the island has continued to increase over time. There is a wide range of tennis-coaching options for all ages, as well as a multitude of good-quality courts scattered all over the island.
Where to Play Tennis in Lanzarote
– Centro Deportivo Fariones (The Fariones Sports Center) (Puerto del Carmen): Four very high-quality courts. Due to its location it is sheltered from the wind. Open: from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays. Prices: € 10 an hour during the day, € 11 an hour at night. Location: Calle Alegranza, 2. Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. For information or reservations call: +34 928 514 790.
– Las Marinas Club Resort (Costa Teguise): One high-quality court. Open: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays. Prices: € 6 an hour. Location: Calle La Isa, no number, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. For information and reservations call: +34 928 590 998.
– Costa Sal (Matagorda). Two high-quality courts. Sheltered, and with little wind. Open: Every day from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Prices: € 6 an hour, € 9 an hour at night. Location: Calle Agonal, 16. Matagorda, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. For information or reservations call: +34 928 514 242.
– Ciudad Deportiva Lanzarote (Arrecife). One high-quality court. Open: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Thursday; 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays; closed on Sundays. Prices: € 4 an hour (€ 5 with artificial lighting). Location: Avenida Alcalde Ginés de la Hoz, no number. For information call: +34 928 810 367.
– Club de Tenis Match Point (Math Point Tennis Club) (Puerto del Carmen): Four excellent clay courts, made of compressed volcanic soil. Open: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. Prices: € 6 an hour (€ 9 with artificial lighting). For information and reservations call: +34 670 827 782 (Ask for Darío Monzón).
– Parque Deportivo de Altavista (Arrecife): Two high-quality courts. Poorly sheltered from the wind. Open: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays; 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. Prices: € 7.50 an hour. For information and reservations call: Pabellón Polideportivo de Titerroy (Calle Burgos, no number, Arrecife, Lanzarote), +34 928 817 787 and www.arrecife.es.